"There’s no star system Slave I can’t reach, and there’s no planet I can’t find. There’s nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
LEGO + Star Wars = Super Awesome and this LEGO model of Slave I, Boba Fett’s Firespray-interceptor-class ship first seen in The Empire Strikes Back, is one of the most geektastically wonderful things we’ve ever seen.
But wait, this isn’t simply a one-of-a-kind model, it’s an official 1,995-piece LEGO model kit. This glorious replica of Slave I measures 7 inches (20cm) high, 17 inches (45cm) long and 14 inches (37cm) wide (in landing mode). Scaled for minifigs, the kit includes Boba Fett, Bespin Guard, Stormtrooper and Han Solo minifigs along with their weapons. And it gets even better still: also included is a minifig-sized Han Solo in carbonite.
Here are some additional features:
- Rotating cockpit and wings, opening side hatches with hidden guns and missiles, 2 rotating dual shooters, cargo hold and a display stand with data sheet
- Weapons include special blaster pistol for Boba Fett, blaster pistol for Bespin Guard and a blaster rifle for the Stormtrooper
- Boba Fett and Bespin Guard minifigures are unique to this set
- Rotate the cockpit and wings for flight and landing mode
- Place carbonite-imprisoned Han Solo in the cargo hold
- Open the side hatches to unleash missiles from the hidden guns
- Display stand
This LEGO Star Wars Slave I kit is being released in January 2015. We don’t know about you, but we’re going to start writing our letter to Santa Claus right now.
[via Leg Godt]
I’m glad the portrait of Ben Franklin stayed the same on the new $100 bill. There’s something about his slight, tight frown, the paternal hint of disappointment in his eyes and those pursed, sealed lips that seem to say, “I don’t approve of what you’re doing, but I can’t stop you from rolling this banknote into a straw and ripping a fat rail of white lightning in the Buffalo Wild Wings handicapped bathroom stall, you goddamn beautiful disaster.”